Learning Outcomes: Media & Cinema Studies, BS
Learning outcomes for the degree of Bachelor of Science Major in Media & Cinema Studies
Student Learning Outcomes: Students in Media and Cinema Studies will be able to:
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of media and cinema studies’ subject matter areas.
- Students demonstrate a broad knowledge of the field by accurately identifying and defining the subject matter areas of media and cinema studies.
- Demonstrate a comprehension of foundational media and cinema studies’theories and concepts.
- Students can identify, use, and relate key concepts and frameworks that are central to the field.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- Students can reflexively apply concepts and frameworks to promote inquiry, understanding,and solutions.
- Demonstrate the ability to critically evaluate media representations in relation to social justice issues.
- Students apply methods to demonstrate, through a production-based activity,how representations are connected to social, political, economic, and cultural issues.
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively to successfully communicate ideas and outcomes of creative research across a range of modalities.
- Students present their senior projects using at least two different platforms.