Learning Outcomes: Journalism, BS
Learning outcomes for the degree of Bachelor of Science Major in Journalism
Student Learning Outcomes are adapted from requirements of the accrediting body for the Department of Journalism (ACEJMC)
- Understand and apply principles and laws related to media and freedom of information
- Write correctly and clearly in appropriate forms and styles
- Apply basic numerical and statistical concepts
- Apply current tools and technologies appropriate for the communications profession and to understand the digital world.
- Demonstrate understanding of the history of journalism development and the role of professionals and institutions in shaping communications
- Demonstrate an understanding of journalism ethical principles
- Demonstrate understanding of diversity, both domestic and global
- Understand concepts and apply theories in the use and presentation of images
- Conduct research and evaluate information by methods appropriate to the profession
- Demonstrate an ability to think critically and evaluate their own work and that of others
- Document professional practice through internships, student media and other publication of student work.