Learning Outcomes: Religion, BALAS
Learning Outcomes for the degree of Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts & Sciences Major in Religion
- Students will be able to understand and explain how global religious traditions reflect the social contexts in which they emerged, and in turn how the traditions have affected and continue to affect those societies;
- Students will be able to analyze, and interpret (in both written and oral communication) the relationship between religious traditions and other forms of human cultural and social activity, including languages, literature, arts, political and social movements;
- Students will be able to appreciate the diversity of global religious traditions and express that appreciation in activities and experiences meaningful to them.
- Students will be able to develop sound and well-formed written arguments on matters of interest to them that respond insightfully to scholarship significant to their field of study.
- Students will be able critically to assess and evaluate theories, arguments, and positions that have shaped the fields of the study of religion and individual global traditions.