Learning Outcomes: Political Science, BALAS
Learning Outcomes for the degree of Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts & Sciences Major in Political Science
- Students will be able to apply central concepts of the scientific method to the study of politics, and demonstrate an ability to draw inferences from data.
- Students will have a foundational knowledge of facts, concepts, and typologies in their chosen subfield in political science.
- Students will be able to demonstrate basic knowledge of central theories in their chosen subfield and show how to evaluate those theories.
- Students will be able to define political science and its subfields, drawing contrasts with other social sciences.
- Students will be able to apply concepts, methods, and theories to research projects, internships, and/or off-campus experiences.