Learning Outcomes: Geology, BSLAS
Learning Outcomes for the degree of Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts & Sciences Major in Geology (Sciences & Letters)
- Students will develop cross-disciplinary skills of observation, data collection, and spatial display of data (e.g., map making) related to geological materials, features, and processes.
- Students will develop an understanding of the physical, chemical and mathematical theories fundamental to earth processes through rigorous coursework and research.
- Students will develop and apply critical thinking skills to synthesize principles learned in the classroom, and data collected in the laboratory and in the field in order to evaluate hypotheses and solve geological problems.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively scientific data, interpretations, and hypotheses through written and oral methods.
- Students will hone and apply interpersonal skills in a professional setting through group work, research activities, and field studies.