Learning Outcomes: Geography & Geographic Information Science, BSLAS
Learning Outcomes for the degree of Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts & Sciences Major in Geography & Geographic Information Science
- Geographic Understanding
- Definition: GGIS students will understand the interconnectedness of places and scales in human-environmental systems, including the sustainability of those systems.
- Spatial Patterns and Processes
- Definition: GGIS students will be able to analyze spatial patterns, distributions, processes, and connections within and among different human-environmental systems, using qualitative, quantitative, computational, and/or spatial methods of research appropriate to their level of training and their field of geographic inquiry.
- Problem-Solving and Communication
- Definition: GGIS students will be able to formulate and conduct geographic analyses and communicate the results in verbal, written, and visual form.