Learning Outcomes: Creative Writing, BALAS
Learning Outcomes for the degree of Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts & Sciences Major in Creative Writing
- Concepts: Students will identify, analyze, and use the elements of literary craft appropriate for their chosen writing genre.
- Writing: Students will develop a personal style, apply craft techniques that they learn during workshops, and choose from several strategies to revise written work.
- Workshop: Students will identify and learn to use the most effective worship practices. They will learn how to critique the written work of their peers, both orally and in writing, in constructive and mutually beneficial ways.
- Reading: Students will read, analyze, and evaluate contemporary and other literature from the perspective of literary craft and the study of creative writing.
- Literary Community and Profession: Students will learn to evaluate, discuss, and research contemporary literary publishing and editing.