Learning Outcomes: Communication, BALAS
Learning Outcomes for the degree of Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts & Sciences Major in Communication
- Students will demonstrate competence in oral and written communication, including public speaking, argumentation and reasoning, deliberation, and media analysis and critique.
- Students will have broad knowledge of communication research and theory and understand how to apply theoretical concepts in practical settings.
- Students will understand the political and social import of communication and develop competencies required to engage productively with discourses related to all aspects of public and private life.
- Students will understand the communicative implications of human diversity, including issues related to race, culture, class, religion, gender, sexual identity, and disability.
- Students will gain communication competencies that afford them rewarding opportunities, such as satisfying employment or post-graduate study.