Learning Outcomes: Atmospheric Sciences, BSLAS
Learning outcomes for the degree of Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts and Sciences Major in Atmospheric Sciences
- All students will have a fundamental understanding of the atmosphere and the dynamical and physical processes that control weather and climate.
- All students will have demonstrable computational problem solving skills, and have the opportunity to participate in scientific research.
- All students will understand practical applications of weather analysis and forecasting, and the impact of weather analysis and forecasting on public safety and the economy.
- All students will develop competency in clear scientific written and oral communication.
- All students will develop an understanding of the natural and anthropogenic processes that control climate and global change, their impact on human livelihood, and ways that individuals can contribute to the reduction of societal risk from weather and climate events and impacts.