Learning Outcomes: Actuarial Science, BSLAS
Learning Outcomes for the degree of Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts and Sciences Major in Actuarial Science
Student Learning Outcomes
- Have sufficient exposure to actuarial and financial mathematics to be familiar with at least 80% of the material on five of preliminary Society of Actuaries credentialing exams.
- Be familiar with the role of insurance in society, basic economic theory, and the basics of how insurance and financial markets operate.
- Have familiarity with several of the technical tools, computer languages or software packages used by actuaries.
- Develop communication, leadership and teamwork skills, and understand their importance in the actuarial industry.
- Be able to apply this knowledge and these skills in new combinations and to new problems.