Learning Outcomes: Lighting Design & Technology Concentration
Learning outcomes for the Bachelor of Fine Arts Major in Theatre, Lighting Design Concentration
Student Learning Outcomes
- Communicate design and production ideas to collaborators through graphic skills, language and research and the ability to analyze and interpret creative, critical and theoretical works.
- Demonstrates the practical application of learned methodologies including the ability to communicate ideas, concepts, and requirements in order to successfully fulfill a role related to lighting design for a stage production.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of professional practices across genres of theatre, musical theatre, opera, dance and non-traditional venues and styles of design.
- Gain the practical ability to see their designs come to life from concept through realization by collaborating on current productions with peers, faculty, staff and guest artists.
- Demonstrates necessary skills and knowledge to acquire an entry-level position in the field of lighting design and technology including significant technical mastery, showing the capacity to produce work and solve problems independently.