Learning Outcomes: Costume & Design Technology Concentration
Learning outcomes for the Bachelor of Fine Arts Major in Theatre, Costume Design & Construction Concentration
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrates a mature, effective ability to analyze, interpret, write critically and creatively, and discuss thoughtfully in the field of theatre and performance.
- Demonstrates ability to actively engage in the collaborative process in preparation, construction, and performance of works for the stage.
- Demonstrates practical application of learned methodologies including the ability to communicate ideas, concepts, and requirements in order to successfully fulfill a role related to costume design and technology for a stage production
- Demonstrates working knowledge of professional practices across genres of theatre, musical theatre, opera and dance.
- Demonstrates necessary skills and knowledge to acquire an entry-level position in the field of costume design and technology including significant technical mastery, showing the capacity to produce work and solve problems independently.