Learning Outcomes: Acting Concentration
Learning outcomes for the Bachelor of Fine Arts Major in Theatre, Acting Concentration
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrates a mature, effective ability to analyze, interpret, write critically and creatively, and discuss thoughtfully in the field of theatre and performance.
- Demonstrates ability to creatively engage in the collaborative process in rehearsal, construction, and performance of works for the stage.
- Demonstrates an ability to analyze, prepare, and perform in dramatic material including works from contemporary theatre, modern classics, Shakespeare, musical theatre, and media including film, television, and web, among others.
- Demonstrates increasing ability to recognize and adjust voice, speech, and movement skills (including stage combat techniques) in application to performance for the stage.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the expectations of professional practice in auditioning for and working in professional theatre, film, television, and other media.