Learning Outcomes: Music, BA
Learning outcomes for the degree of Bachelor of Arts Major in Music
Bachelor of Arts in Music graduates will:
- Understand, apply, and integrate foundational concepts of musical study in theory, aural skills, history, composition, improvisation, and keyboard competency, and do so independently and cooperatively.
- Demonstrate the ability to learn independently, make inquiries, think critically, discover solutions, and integrate knowledge across both similar and varied areas of musical study.
- Develop and demonstrate effective communication skills, including artistic self-expression, with diverse audiences through multiple media.
- Acquire a basic understanding of diverse musical systems and traditions across the world, and develop a sensitivity to and awareness of cultural and societal differences, and their contribution to an interdependent global consciousness.
- Acquire an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility as musicians and citizens, and demonstrate the ability to work professionally and effectively as leaders and collaborators.
- Acquire a basic understanding of technology and professional skills, along with knowledge of specific technological developments within area of specialization.
- Appreciate how music interacts in communities to enhance and engage social and cultural identities to enrich lifelong learning.