Learning Outcomes: Dance, BFA
Learning outcomes for the degree of Bachelor of Fine Arts Major in Dance
Upon graduation the BFA student will be able to:
- Dance with substantial physicality, exhibiting technical and performance skill, musicality, and creativity.
- Utilize knowledge of anatomical and somatic approaches in theory and practice.
- Locate a creative process, conduct choreographic inquiries, and produce a well-conceived dance work for a performance event.
- Teach a well-structured movement class with an understanding of pedagogical principles.
- Employ diverse modes of thinking, both verbally and in writing, to communicate ideas relating to dance.
- Understand basic technology and its application to dance making, teaching, research, and public relations.