Business Minor for Non-Business Majors
for the Minor in Business for Non-Business Majors
department catalog page: Gies College of Business
department website: Undergraduate Programs
department faculty: Gies College of Business faculty
minor email: email@example.com
overview of business minor admissions & requirements: Business Minor website
college website: Gies College of Business
Please refer to the Business Minor website for important changes to the application process and requirements.
The Business Minor is for students earning Undergraduate degrees in colleges other than the Gies College of Business. The Business Minor provides coursework through which Non-Business students learn skills used in business. The Business Minor is not available to Gies College of Business students and Technology and Management Minor students. The Business Minor is not to be considered as preparation for transfer into the Gies College of Business to earn an Undergraduate Business degree.
To declare their Minors, Non-Business students must submit their Statement of Intent to Pursue a Campus-Approved Minor (Statements) to 1055 Business Instructional Facility (BIF) at any time.
- Please note that not every business minor course will be offered every semester or term. Students must select judiciously and enroll in the business minor courses when they are offered throughout any academic year.
- Business minor students must register for the online sections of all minor courses if online sections are offered.
- Enrollment instructions are noted in the semester's class schedule course’s Section Detail & Information in Course Explorer. Students must complete all business minor course prerequisites. Students who have not completed a minor course's prerequisite will have their enrollment canceled in that specific course by the department.
- A minimum number of off-campus transfer courses will be permitted to fulfill the minor core and elective course requirements. You should use Transferology to confirm the off-campus course's transferability to fulfill the minor requirements. You may confirm with the business minor program if a proposed off-campus course will fulfill the minor requirements.
- Courses taken through a University of Illinois study abroad program will fulfill the business minor core and elective course requirements. These requirements are fulfilled only if the course taken exactly matches course articulations of the Gies Business course. For example, the study abroad exact equivalent course to our campus’s BADM 380 course is an acceptable business minor elective course. Study abroad BADM 3- - and BADM 4- - courses will not fulfill the minor’s core and elective course requirements. In addition, minor core and elective course requirements are not fulfilled with study abroad courses in finance, information systems, operations management, management, marketing, or supply chain management.
- The Business Minor is designed to be completed within three academic years. Gies College of Business cannot guarantee minor completion.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to address academic questions.
Minimum required minor and supporting course work: All six Business Minor courses must be completed with letter grades. Sophomore standing. For all courses for which online delivery is available, students pursuing the minor must enroll in online sections.
GPA Requirement: a minimum 2.0 GPA is required to declare the minor.
Core Courses Requirement
|ACCY 200||Fundamentals of Accounting (Enrollment is permitted only to Business Minor students.)||3|
|BADM 310||Mgmt and Organizational Beh||3|
|BADM 320||Principles of Marketing||3|
|FIN 221||Corporate Finance||3|
Note: ACCY 200, BADM 310, BADM 320, FIN 221 and the two Elective Courses must be earned from the Urbana-Champaign campus. No exceptions will be made for study abroad and transfer courses to fulfill the minor’s course requirements.
Elective Courses Requirement
Business Minor students must select only two of the listed Elective Courses to fulfill the minor's course requirements.
|BADM 300||The Legal Environment of Bus||3|
|BADM 311||Leading Individuals and Teams||3|
|BADM 312||Designing and Managing Orgs||3|
|BADM 313||Strategic Human Resource Management||3|
|BADM 314||Leading Negotiations||3|
|BADM 323||Marketing Communications||3|
|BADM 326||Pricing Strategy||3|
|BADM 340||Ethical Dilemmas of Business||3|
|BADM 350||IT for Networked Organizations||3|
|BADM 367||Mgmt of Innov and Technology||3|
|BADM 375||Operations Management||3|
|BADM 380||International Business||3|
|BADM 381||Multinational Management||3|