Learning Outcomes: Recreation, Sport & Tourism, BS
Learning outcomes for the degree of Bachelor of Science Major in Recreation, Sport & Tourism
Students graduating with the B.S. in Recreation, Sport & Tourism should be able to:
- Communicate effectively in writing and in oral presentations about issues in recreation, sport and tourism.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the history and theoretical underpinnings of recreation, sport and tourism in modern society.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge about various dimensions of diversity, and the impact these dimensions have on service delivery recreation, sport and tourism organizations.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the essential management functions necessary to deliver and manage services in recreation, sport and tourism organizations.
- Demonstrate an ability to apply knowledge of basic management principles to professional practice.
- Demonstrate the ability to design, implement, and evaluate services in recreation, sport and tourism venues.
- Identify basic research methodologies at a level sufficient to collect, analyze, apply, and critique applied research data.