Learning Outcomes: Crop Sciences, BS
Learning outcomes for the degree of Bachelor of Science Major in Crop Sciences
Students graduating with the B.S. in Crop Sciences should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge in the key subject matter areas of applied plant biology; crop growth and development; crop management and protection; and soil science.
- Demonstrate an ability to identify a problem and develop solutions using quantitative reasoning skills for analysis of biological data.
- Demonstrate oral and written communication skills necessary to listen and make effective arguments, to share applied scientific concepts with the public, and to make use of a broad variety of media.
- Demonstrate an ability to lead and function in multidisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform self-guided discovery in agricultural sciences, practicing skills of engagement to enhance intellectual curiosity.