Learning Outcomes: DVM and Veterinary Clinical Medicine, PhD
Learning Outcomes for the degrees of DVM and PhD
Graduates of the College of Veterinary Medicine professional program shall:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the basic sciences that form the foundation of veterinary practice.
- Understand the principles of scientific inquiry and shall be able to apply those principles to solve problems by posing questions, forming hypotheses, and obtaining and evaluating data relevant to the practice of veterinary medicine.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the clinical conditions that form the foundation of veterinary practice.
- Be able to apply their knowledge, skills, and the principles of scientific inquiry to analyze, evaluate, and solve veterinary problems and synthesize diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventative plans.
- Possess technical skills essential for success in the practice of veterinary medicine and surgery(i.e., they shall be “practice ready” with Day 1 clinical skills).