Learning Outcomes: Teaching of Latin, MA
Learning Outcomes for the Master of Arts in Teaching of Latin
- Students are able to read and translate classical Latin prose and poetry and have advanced knowledge of Latin grammar.
- Students are familiar with methods of research in Classics and can use these to generate new ideas.
- Students are broadly familiar with the history, art, and archaeology of the Greco-Roman world and demonstrate an understanding of ancient cultural differences.
- Students are familiar with multiple approaches to teaching the Latin language and Roman culture.
- As a result of practical, hands-on experience teaching the Latin language and/or Roman culture, students are ready for careers in K-12 teaching.