Learning Outcomes: Statistics, PhD
Learning Outcomes for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Statistics
Statistics Ph.D. students will...
- Have a solid foundation in Statistical Theory and Methodology;
- Have a holistic understanding of data collection, management, processing, analysis and interpretation. Being proficient in the use of statistical software and writing statistical code;
- Have experience in one or more application areas and work as a part of a collaborative team in analyzing real data and solving real-world problems;
- Be able to conduct research either independently or collaboratively in a subarea of statistics and data science;
- Be able to teach some elementary statistical courses independently.