Learning Outcomes: Statistics, MS
Learning Outcomes for the degree of Master of Science in Statistics
Statistics students in the MS program will
- Acquire a solid foundation in mathematical statistics and learn how it applies it to data analysis;
- Develop strong communication abilities in writing and orally that will allow them to work effectively in diverse teams;
- Become skillful in statistical computing, data management, and statistical software;
- Be knowledgeable of the most modern techniques in statistical methodology and data science, especially data analysis techniques associated with statistical learning and machine learning;
- Develop an understanding and gain experience in applying methodology learned in the classroom to real problems in science and industry.