Learning Outcomes: Spanish Linguistics Concentration
Learning Outcomes for the degree of Master of Arts in Spanish, Spanish Linguistics Concentration
- Students will acquire basic knowledge in all sub-areas of Hispanic linguistics including syntax, phonology, morphology, dialectology, sociolinguistics, diachronic linguistics, and second language acquisition and will develop a critical and reflective orientation toward the language and cultures of the people of the Spanish-speaking world
- Students will develop understanding of the major theoretical and empirical problems in all sub-areas of Hispanic linguistics.
- Students will acquire basic knowledge of theory and research methods in linguistics to be able to conduct linguistic analysis in syntax, phonology and morphology related to Spanish with human subjects or texts from the Spanish-speaking world.
- Students will acquire ability to communicate research findings in a variety of academic venues in spoken and written English and in Spanish
- Students will acquire knowledge of teaching methodologies and will be able to teach at the undergraduate level.