Learning Outcomes: Slavic Languages and Literatures, PhD
Learning Outcomes for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Slavic Languages & Literatures
- Students will be capable of theoretically informed analytical engagement with the literature of their specialization.
- Students will be familiar with contemporary literary-historical and theoretical research methods in Slavic studies and able to produce major research output.
- Students will advance in proficiency in the language of their major fields to the Superior level, enabling professional work in the language. Students will acquire some proficiency in a second relevant regional language.
- Students will be introduced to current literature and language teaching methodologies and gain practical mentored experience in both.
- Students will be savvy professionals, able to produce successful grant applications, negotiate in the job market, at professional conferences, and confidently pursue publication.