Learning Outcomes: Portuguese, MA
Learning Outcomes for the degree of Master of Arts in Portuguese
- Students will possess a breadth of knowledge about social, cultural, and historical issues in Brazil and the Portuguese-speaking world, as well as a depth of knowledge about a cluster of research questions corresponding to students’ individual interests.
- Students will develop a familiarity with multiple disciplinary approaches to the study of Brazil specifically and social, cultural, and historical phenomena more generally.
- Students will possess the ability to identify research questions, develop a research project, and see that project (MA thesis) to completion through sustained engagement with both existing scholarship and novel research.
- Students will acquire the ability to communicate research findings in a variety of academic venues in spoken and written English and Portuguese.
- Students will acquire knowledge and experience of teaching methodologies and will be able to teach at the undergraduate level.