Learning Outcomes: Molecular & Integrative Physiology, MS
Learning Outcomes for the degree of Master of Science in Molecular & Integrative Physiology
- Acquire in-depth, leading-edge knowledge of physiological function at multiple levels of biological organization spanning molecular, cellular, tissue and organismal levels.
- Learn the skills and methodologies of scientific inquiry necessary to conduct original, independent research in physiology that expands the frontiers of knowledge in the field.
- Develop the professional skills for responsible conduct of research and embody the ethical principles necessary to behave with honesty, integrity, objectivity, and respect in all professional interactions.
- To develop effective scientific literacy skills necessary to read, write, critique, and analyze a wide range of written materials, including primary scientific literature, review articles, grant proposals, and teaching materials.
- To become an effective oral communicator of scientific information in multiple settings, including individual and small group discussions, seminars, classroom instruction, and public engagement.