Learning Outcomes: Mathematics, PhD
Learning Outcomes for the Doctor of Philosophy in Mathematics
- Acquire a foundation in abstract algebra at the graduate level.
- Acquire a foundation in real analysis at the graduate level.
- Acquire a suitable breadth of knowledge to provide a foundation for undertaking high-level research.
- Gain a broad understanding of the range of current research in the mathematical sciences.
- Demonstrate depth of knowledge in chosen area of research specialization.
- Gain the ability to conduct independent mathematical research at a professional level.
- Gain experience and competence in the teaching of mathematics at the college level.