Learning Outcomes: Geography, PhD
Learning Outcomes for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Geography
- All graduate students will have a fundamental understanding of the history and philosophies of geography in all its diversity and breadth.
- All graduate students will have knowledge of the latest trends and developments in geography as social science, a discipline increasingly rooted in geographic information science, and physical science.
- All graduate students will have a deep and nuanced comprehension of the latest conceptual developments in their selected research areas.
- All graduate students will have the ability to formulate a research problem, know the proper conceptual tools and methods to appropriately address it, and properly place it in evolving, relevant literature.
- All graduate students will have a strong knowledge of proper ethical conduct in the performance and completion of advanced research.