Learning Outcomes: East Asian Languages & Cultures, MA
Learning Outcomes for the degree of Master of Arts in East Asian Languages & Cultures
- Learning goal in East Asian languages: Language proficiency in two East Asian languages.
- Learning goal in East Asian disciplines: Familiarity with a major field and at least one minor field outside of the student’s focused area to broaden students’ perspectives and ability to conduct interdisciplinary research and to teach general courses.
- Learning goal in East Asian periods: Understanding of both modern and pre-modern periods of East Asian societies.
- Learning goal in teaching preparedness: Proficiency in teaching methodologies to teach languages or to teach Gen-Ed courses.
- Learning goal in research: Completion of MA thesis or qualifying exams in three fields for MA students. Three qualifying exams, oral exam, and the completion of the dissertation and defense for Ph.D. students.