Learning Outcomes: Classics, MA
Learning Outcomes for the degree of Master of Arts in Classics
- Students demonstrate knowledge of Greek and/or Latin languages at an advanced level. Students are able to carry out a detailed analysis of the language, style, and content of individual works of Greek and/or Latin literature.
- Students demonstrate an advanced knowledge of the history of Greek and Latin literature and the ways in which classical texts have been transmitted through the centuries down to our own time.
- Students are familiar with the methods of research and criticism in Classics and can use these to generate new ideas.
- Students are familiar with the printed and electronic resources available for advanced study of classical languages and literatures.
- Students are able to teach Greek and/or Latin language and literature in an effective manner.