Learning Outcomes: Cell & Developmental Biology, MS
Learning Outcomes for the Master of Science in Cell & Developmental Biology
Cell & Developmental Biology graduates will:
- Have mastered the foundational knowledge that defines the fields of cell and developmental biology.
- Be able to write clearly and effectively about cell and developmental biology at the graduate level as well as in layperson terms.
- Be able to explain cell and developmental biology orally to professional scientists, students of the discipline, and to a lay audience.
- Be prepared to teach foundational cell and developmental biology at the college level.
- Be able to analyze scientific data and draw conclusions from it.
- Be able to identify important unsolved problems in cell and developmental biology.
- Be able to articulate a hypothesis of an unsolved problem and design a research plan to test the hypothesis.
- Be able to perform controlled experiments to test hypotheses.
- Be able to organize results from experiments into a clear narrative that advances the field.
- Be able to articulate the significance of their research in the broader context of the field.