Learning Outcomes: Library & Information Science, MS
Learning outcomes for the degree of Master of Science in Library & Information Science (on-campus & online)
Graduates of the Illinois MS/LIS program will be able to:
- Apply foundational concepts, theories, and principles to problems of information organization and access.
- Communicate capably with diverse stakeholders, promoting not just access to but also effective use of information services and systems in specific contexts.
- Use evidence to help address information problems, meet information needs, and create relationships in their institutions, communities, profession, and the world.
- Compare and critique contemporary information practices, structures, and standards in relation to historical and global alternatives.
- Apply core ethical principles to professional practice.