Learning Outcomes: Information Management, MS
Learning Outcomes for the degree of Master of Science in Information Management (on campus & online)
Graduates of the Illinois MS/IM program will be able to:
- Apply foundational concepts, theories, and principles to problems of information management.
- Communicate capably with diverse stakeholders.
- Understand some of the larger socio-technical contexts in which information management occur.
- Apply appropriate analytic approaches to the needs of a given problem and understand how aspects of logic, statistical analysis and broader domain knowledge can inform the interpretation and confidence in their analyses.
- Have an awareness of the rapid change in the evolving information professions, the change in technologies and methods deployed, evolving ethical principles around information use, and the need to be continually learning new skills and sub-specializations in order to be a valuable member of a multidisciplinary team.