Learning Outcomes: Theatre, PhD
Learning Outcomes for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Theatre
- Students will engage the critical and aesthetic aspects of theatrical performance in a variety of historical periods and global contexts.
- Students will develop projects within their own areas of specialization, drawing on dramatic literature and criticism, theatre history, performance theory, and performance research methods.
- Students will combine theory and practice in the study and production of theatrical performance.
- Students will be prepared to offer courses in theatre history, research methods, dramaturgy, and their areas of specialization.
- Students will be prepared to participate in disciplinary debates through professional academic engagement and performance, including conference papers, book reviews, grant proposals, and creative research projects.