Learning Outcomes: Music Composition, MMUS
Learning Outcomes for the degree of Master of Music in Music, Music Composition Concentration
Students in the Master of Music program, with a concentration in Music Composition, will:
- Develop their musical craft and creativity at a high professional level, using critical thinking, analysis and technology to inform stylistic choices and artistic expression, and will communicate their creativity to diverse audiences through performance.
- Exhibit an ability to summarize, synthesize, and discuss disciplinary content in relation to the theory of music, and to communicate their findings, using appropriate academic conventions, in written and/or oral form.
- Demonstrate an understanding of appropriate methods for library-based musical research and scholarly writing, and a facility in handling print and technology sources.
- Pursue specialized studies, to developing expertise and an ability to synthesize knowledge in areas of interest that enhance their required curriculum and/or professional goals.
- Develop experience and expertise in instruction, pedagogy, and student assessment in their major area of musical study, gaining insights into class teaching and appropriate methods of evaluation.