Learning Outcomes: Teaching of Physics
Learning Outcomes for the degree of Master of Science in Teaching of Physics
Illinois Physics MS Teaching in Physicsgraduates will have:
- a firm foundation in core physics, math, and current physics research topics;
- an ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team;
- an ability to teach and mentor others effectively;
- an understanding of the student’s professional and scientific ethical responsibilities;
- some exposure to modern educational methods;6) an ability to communicate—both orally and in writing—scientific topics effectively to specialists in the student’s research subfield, to scientifically literate non-specialists, and to the general public (outreach).