Learning Outcomes: Computer Science, PhD
Learning Outcomes for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Computer Science
- Plan and conduct original research that addresses questions of significance in a particular subject area in Computer Science.
- Analyze and be able to articulate the scientific advances and limitations of results described in the research literature.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate research proposals and results.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of a particular subject area and broad knowledge of other areas in Computer Science.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and ability to follow ethical standards in research, teaching, and professional service.
- Demonstrate the ability to teach concepts in Computer Science at the university level. Additionally, for the MS Bioinformatics program:
- Demonstrate broad knowledge of topics in bioinformatics.
- Demonstrate knowledge of at least one subject in biological sciences.