Learning Outcomes: Bioengineering, PhD
Learning Outcomes for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Bioengineering
- Ability to apply quantitative skills and engineering principles to propose novel and practical solutions to medical/human health problems
- Understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities
- Ability to communicate scientific problems and solutions, as well as their impact, effectively to a diverse audience and stakeholders, both orally and in writing
- Demonstrate moderate technical mastery in chosen research area, shown by the ability to identify an important scientific problem, formulate a hypothesis, and design experiments to conduct research and data analysis to test the hypothesis. The student should also be able to formulate alternatives.
- Develop effective leadership skills in order to foster the ability to conduct collaborative research and work with a diverse team